I decided to start cycling in order to improve my general fitness level and being a child of the internet generation I tried to get some information about cycling in Bangalore. I managed to dig up a few websites which ranged from being useful to hilariously pointless.
- http://www.geocities.com/kummini/cycling/cycle.html - General information about cycling in Bangalore. Found it quite useful.
- http://www.bicyclesource.com - Information about cycling in general. Found it useful.
- Airzone - Nice flash presentation with no useful information whatsoever. Most of it is under construction.
- Yay! I want a cycle! Where do I buy one?
- Yay! I want a cycle! Where do I get a cycling helmet?
- Yay! I want a cycle! Where do I get elbow and knee guards?
- Yay! I want a cycle! Does it make sense to cycle on Bangalore's wonderful roads?
- Yay! I want a cycle! Should I settle for a goldfish instead? ( In a bowl. To stare at. Not to sit on and pedal )
Next: How does one actually go about buying cycling equipment in Bangalore? Where are the stores? How does one get there? Will Sourav Ganguly buy a cycle?
PS: For those of you who ( the very few ) who used to frequent this piece of internet real estate till I stopped blogging, a word of advice..... if you don't live in Bangalore and you aren't interested in cycling, this blog won't provide any entertainment.